Sunday Brunch

“All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.” – John Gunther

 This weekend Mr.G and I hosted a brunch for some family and friends. I think that brunch is the perfect meal, it's not too early, it's relaxed, you can eat breakfast or lunch, drink coffee or Mimosa's! The hardest part really is deciding on the perfect spread - balancing the sweet and savory foods and of course making sure it all comes together at the same time. The night before, I set the tables and prepare anything that can be made  ahead of time. There is no shame in buying pastries, cookies and bread from the bakery, it means more time for other things. I think I did pretty well, if I do say so myself!  It was the perfect lazy Sunday spent  around our table with delightful company, enjoying delicious food.

This, was our brunch spread:


Bacon
Scrambled Eggs
Sauteed Mushrooms
Assorted Cookies
Assorted Breads
Cheese & Ham platter

Orange Juice
Coffee
Peach Mimosas






Peach Mimosas

Ingredients:
1 bottle of  champagne (750 ml)
4 cups peach nectar

Directions:
1) Pour all of the ingredients into a large pitcher and stir.
2) Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie