Pumpkin Pie #2

So today I needed a little kitchen therapy, I decided I would make a pumpkin pie. I have said it before, I find that making a pie from scratch is calming, I am wierd like that. I don't have a fancy shmancy mixer to make the crust, so I use my hand's for this. While mixing, adding more water, or a bit more flour, you tend to forget anything else that might be on your mind. And then, once you start making the pie filling, adding the sugar, eggs, cinnamon and pumpkin, it's hard not to smile, after all who doesn't love pie. I was going to use my old and tested recipe, but in the cupboard there was no condensed milk to be found. My lovely neighbour only had a can of evaporated milk instead of condensed milk, but she still saved the day. I got to use another recipe, one that is just as easy and also delicious.






1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can Pumpkin/ 2 cups cooked pumpkin well drained
1 (12 fluid ounce) can  Evaporated Milk


1. Preheat oven to 220// 425 degrees F.
2. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to180// 350 degrees F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie