Spicy Coconut Mussels

I love Sunday lunch, love that its not rushed, but instead relaxed. We get to sit around and linger a little bit longer around the table. This dish was perfect for sunday lunch. It came together, because of the fresh ingredients, I had on hand, green onions and fresh coriander from our garden, red chiles given to me by this awesome friend, the limes I had bought during the week. I wanted them to pair with some new zealand green half shell mussels, and some coconut milk.  It was a real big hit, even the kids loved them, and that's always a blessing. I hope you give them a try, you won't regret it. I promise !







2 tablespoons olive oil oil
3 green onions finely chopped or one small onion
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 to 5  kaffir lime leaves
 2 small hot chile, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 kilo green shell frozen mussels, rinsed well
juice of 1 lime or to taste
soy sauce to taste (for salt)


 Heat the oil in the bottom of a large pot until hot.
Add the green onions, garlic, lime leaves and chile.
Cook over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes.
 Add the coconut milk and mussels.
Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook  5 to 7 minutes.
Squeeze lime juice, add soy sauce sauce and cilantro into the pot.
Shake pot around, simmer, and serve.

Be sure to have some really good bread on hand, to soak up the broth. I served this with spagehetti, just in case the kids, did not like them. Next time I would use a rice noodle.


xo, Diana

Comments

  1. Diana,

    ficaram com um aspecto delicioso e definitivamente, um dia destes, vou experimentar .

    Beijinhos

    http://receitaspanelaferro.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, the recipes and photographs. This recipe is very high on my list.

    steve


    http://logofspartina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie