Biscuits- Easy Like Sunday Morning

My favorite things about the weekend, getting to sleep in, everyone is home, and breakfast. Weekday mornings Mr.G and the kids all have different schedules, so breakfast is quick, some toast, a bowl of cereal, yogurt or fruit. Soooo on Saturday and Sunday, I like to spoil them and myself while I am at it. This morning Mr.G was headed to the farmers market, he was up first, and was kind enough to start making the coffee, before heading out. With the kiddos still waking up, I decided on Biscuits and sausage for breakfast. Now trust me, biscuits are really easy and super quick to make. These are light and fluffy on the inside , crispy on the outside. I made sausage because, that's what I had had, but bacon would be divine, but so would butter and honey! The kids made it to the the table just as these were coming out of the oven. It's a good thing I saved some for Mr.G, because the rest were all gobbled up quickly. I hope you try these, I really think you will like them!






2 cups plain flour - sifted
3½ tsp baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon honey/sugar
113 grams butter (1/2 cup) cold butter cut into ½ inch cubes
⅔ cold cup milk


Preheat oven to 230C/450F
Place dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
Add butter and pulse til the butter looks like peas.
Dump in the milk and honey and pulse until it comes together.
Place on a lightly floured surface, and knead several times to work the gluten
Then pat the dough with your fingers to about ¾ inch high. You can go lower and get more biscuits but they won't be as high.
You can cut them with a biscuit cutter, a tin can or a glass, just make nice clean cuts, so they rise nicely.
If you want soft edges like I do, place them about an inch apart on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
I used a knife and cut them square and had no leftovers.
You may brush the tops with melted butter or milk before baking or brush with butter right after they come out of the oven.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

*** no food processor no problem, just crumble in the butter with your hands, till it resembles peas, use a fork to mix in the cold milk

recipe source

Comments

  1. I really do not know how many followers you have. But those who don't follow you are really missing out. I have been following you for quite a while. Your recipies are so inviting and your photography is great. Photographing food isn't easy. You can really tell it's done well when you start to salivate just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, that´s very kind of you to say ! Diana

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie