Granola & Greek Yogurt Parfaits

My family and I were invited to a friend's house for brunch today. When she made the invitation, I knew right away what I wanted to make, to take to her house, Granola Parfaits. I love the layers you get in parfaits – nice creamy yogurt, crunchy granola, along with fresh fruit. They just always look delish, and somehow it feels like your eating dessert for breakfast. My intial plan was to make individual parfaits, but I had no idea how many other guests would be there. So I actually only made the one in the picture, that I promise you did not go to waste. I went ahead and assembled everything in my trifle bowl, a much better way to feed a crowd. I have a great recipe for granola, but went with a store bought one, only because it had chocolate in it, don´t judge me! I also nixed the fruit this time around, because did I mention there was chocolate in the granola? Parfaits or Trifle, both are so incredibly easy to make and so delicious!








1 tub greek yogurt ( same amount of cool whip)
1 tub cool whip
granola cereal of your choice
fruit of your choice ( strawberries,blueberries,pineapple etc)

Mix greek yogurt and cool whip together ( equal proportions  ex. 2 cups to 2cups)
Layer in a bowl (or individual cups) yogurt mixture,granola, fruit  repeat yogurt mixture, granola, fruits
till finished. Best served right away, or prepared the morning of serving.


** sky is the limit here for fruit combinations
** cool whip can be omitted, to just use the greek yogurt ( won´t be as airy/ fluffy)
** use homemade or store bought granola

Comments

  1. It was a beautiful parfait. It was a great idea to make a parfait with granola and yogurt. Healthy and delicious. It seems a real dessert. May I ask where you bought your triffle bowl? I live on the island next door (Sao Jorge) but I'm going to Terceira many times.. But I have not had the luck to find a trifle bowl that I like. This seems big enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ! Oh it is a sinful breakfast ! Really is a yummy dessert for starting the day ! My trifle bowl was a gift...but...in Angra or Praia @ Loja Manjericão , I am sure they have them ! Merry Christmas !

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie