Penny for My Thoughts...

 My heart is heavy today, meetings all day at our children's schools, summer vacation is over. With three kids, you meet three times as many teachers. Our children have been blessed with some wonderful ones in past years. At one of the meetings today, one teacher, went on to explain, how important it is that parents and the child collaborate with the teacher, and follow all rules, as described in the classroom agenda. I couldn´t help but think (and bite my tongue), what about rules for the teacher ? What is the teacher's roll ? As a parent, it is very sad to see a child not thrive,  or do their best, because of a teacher. I have seen it happen, and it is very frustrating when it does. Just like any profession, I believe you must love what you do, if your heart isn´t in it, the results are different. Teachers are so very important, and I know everywhere, they are underpaid and under appreciated. I have family members and friends who are teachers, and I see the spark in their eyes, the passion, they love what they do! At forty, I can still list my favorite teachers, the ones who listened, the ones who smiled, even the ones that scolded, but they all cared ! Great Teachers really do make a difference in a childs life. So I am praying for a good school year, for all of us...parents..teachers. school staff and students.


We took this on the first day of summer vacation, all the way back in June. Time sure flew by, I hope the enjoyed their summer, just as much as I enjoyed mine with them !




Comments

  1. Que 2014-15 seja um ano bom para os teus meninos. E que tenham bons professores, daqueles que fazem a diferença. Hoje, li no mural de uma amiga professora o seguinte: "The best teacher teach from the heart - not from the book." Acho que é isso mesmo!

    Um beijo,

    Ilídia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie