Parmesan Polenta


Polenta is new to me. It just sounded so fancy, so complicated and for some reason it just scared me. But this week, I finally bought some, made it and discovered that’s so …NOT TRUE!  This dish was easy and delicious ! This week I have made it twice already. I am hooked and the whole family loved it.  I will not lie, this creamy cheesy polenta, served with a fried egg on top, was just out of this world!





4 cups water/ chicken broth

1/2 tsp salt (to taste)

1 cup quick cooking polenta/ cornmeal

2 Tbsp butter

1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

Fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for serving


To make the polenta, bring the water and salt to a boil in a large, deep pot. (Polenta  will bubble and splatter.) Reduce the heat to medium and slowly whisk in the cornmeal to avoid lumps. Whisk until it thickens, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the butter and cheese and serve.


 Don't be afraid to add a little more hot water/broth if it gets too thick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie