Baked Eggs in Toast Cups

These are so easy, they hardly qualify as a recipe. All you  need is some, eggs, bread, some cheese and a bit of butter..thats it....so quick, you could serve them up for breakfast instead of cereal. These are  also really great, after a bowl of warm soup, when you need something extra to fill up little and not so little bellies. The amount you make is really up to you........hope you give them a try.





4 slices bread, crusts removed
4 eggs
shredded cheese  (use what you like.)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 200º/400 degrees. 
Butter the insides of 4 ramekins and cut crusts from 4 slices of bread. 
Gently press the bread slices into the ramekins. 
Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese in the center of each bread cup. 
Crack an egg into the center of each bread cup. 
Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with more cheese. 
Cook for 10-15, to your desired level of doneness. 

xo,Diana

Comments

  1. Uma receita tão simples mas que deve ser deliciosa!!!

    Bjoka
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try this nice and easy recipe with my 10 almost 11 years old son!

    Thanks for the idea and a Merry Christmas to you and your family if I don't come back on this blog till that day.

    Greetings, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que coincidência amiga! Ainda hoje fiz uma receita muito parecida com a tua que se tudo correr bem publicarei amanhã. Adoro tudo o que leve ovos.
    Ficaram tão bonitos os teus ramequins!
    Um beijinho
    Patrícia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so going to make these one of these days!
    Love to all
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for putting up the recipe (directions!). I have a bunch of your recipes marked to try, keep 'em comin'!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vê lá este desafio: http://www.zagat.com/foodiecheer#utm_source=gplus&utm_medium=gplus
    - m

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in New England, in the USA. At the turn of the year, it has been dark for several hours even though it's not yet dinner time, and I am leafing through the internet searching for more information on an abobora squash which I got the last day of the seasonal farmers' markets here. Among pages of images, I find a blog from the Azores. The Azores! My husband has sailed there several times, delivering boats across the Atlantic as a delivery captain. He loves the Azores. I have never been there, but I love the music that comes from there. I scroll down the listings and find a delicious sounding (and looking, thanks for the photos)recipe for squash stuffed with croutons and cheese and cream that thankfully ignores collective societal coolness about caloric intake. Oh, I think I'll try that tonight! Thanks for sharing this, and isn't it still marvelous, no matter how commonplace web connections are these days, that a moment (both gustatory and friendly) can be shared and savored over so many miles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie