Honey Soy Baked Chicken Thighs

This is one of our favorites, around our table. I like chicken thighs, it's a lovely meat, thats tasty, and not as expensive as the breast meat. You could easily prepare this the night before, or early in the morning, put everyting in the plastic zipper bag, and let it marinate. You could  use chicken legs, and the skin can also be removed, from either piece of meat. I served these with some spaghetti and this peanut sauce, they are really great with rice too. Hope you give them a try !




olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and ginger

add chicken thighs, and ingredients, into a zipper bag

place thighs in a baking dish

bake @ 200º for 40-50 minutes




Honey Soy Baked Thighs

3 tablespoons  olive oil

1/4 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup honey

3 garlic cloves

1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dry ginger ( optional)

6 bone-in chicken thighs



1. Preheat the oven to  200/375F.

2. In a small bowl combine the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger.(
I like to add everything to a zipper bag, and let marinate)
3. Place the chicken pieces in baking dish. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and turn them over several times to make sure each is well coated.

4. Bake the chicken for 40 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over and cook for 10 minutes more.

5. Serve hot with any extra sauce from the baking dish spooned over the top.




***** I served it with spaghetti and this peanut sauce.




xo, Diana

Comments

  1. Perfeita! Misturar, sacudir e já está :) Ótima para aqueles dias em que há pouco tempo. Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana,

    I just came across your blog and am loving it...more so because your history sounds so much lik emine. I to am Canadian, met my husband in Terceira while on vacation and moved to Terceira to start our married life...anyhow, I lived in Terceira (Porto Judeu) for 10 years, worked on Base for seven years, but have returned to Candada with my family 5 years ago..Anyhow, I too just started a blog recenlty (this is how I came across your blog) Here is mine: http://simplydone101.blogspot.com/ All the best to you and hope we can stay in touch! Kind Regards, Tracy Assis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Grandmother's Alcatra de Carne

Lapas Grelhadas- Grilled Limpets

Fannie Farmer's Apple Pie